By Kendall Buzzelli
1. Mamma Mia! is the eighth longest-running show on Broadway in history.
Only behind The Phantom of the Opera, Chicago, The Lion King, Cats, Les Misérables, A Chorus Line and Oh Calcutta!, Mamma Mia! has changed the Broadway landscape, grossing over $600 million to this day.
2. The name ABBA is an acronym for the four band members initials.
Agentha, Björn, Benny, and Anni-Frid (ABBA).
3. There are approximately 3,120 items of clothing for Mamma Mia! in the theatre at any given time.
4. 400m of Lycra are needed to make the Super Trouper costumes.
And the London company supplies the fabric to every international production of Mamma Mia! These orders alone have saved the Italian mill that supplies this fabric from closing.
5. There are approximately 33,000 rhinestones on the Super Trouper costumes, all sewn by hand!
6. Donna’s Super Trouper costume comprises 24 different elements.
It includes the main fabric, sleeve & leg frills, shoulder pads, star-shaped earrings, silver boots, and so, so much more.
Okay, so maybe this list was mostly just about “Super Trouper,” but everyone can agree it’s up there on the list of best ABBA songs. #Throwback to when Meryl absolutely killed it:
There’s so much more to a show like Mamma Mia!, and you’ll have to see it to believe it! Become a “Dancing Queen” when you see that song — along with all the others — performed at Wharton Center October 14-16. Student tickets are only $28, which is an inexpensive way to get your fix of ABBA’s classic hits. Click here for more information, or call 1-800-WHARTON.