By Melissa Maestas
If you are still looking for a reason to see Mack Avenue Superband on March 29th; look no further! Here are ten reasons why Mack Avenue SuperBand is a must see. (Especially for us Michiganders.)
1. Mack Avenue Records is a made in Detroit company
2. They have local artist Rodney Whitaker on the record label, director of Jazz Studies and artistic director for the Professors of Jazz at MSU’s College of Music.
Have to love the support of local artists.
3. The band made their debut in the Motor City!
In 2012, to be exact.
4. The SuperBand’s performance at the 2013 Detroit Jazz Festival was AMAZING
Can’t wait to have that same energy in East Lansing!
5. Tia Fuller loves being in the Motor City
6. And so does Christian McBride
#Detroit! You did it again! You sure know how to make folks feel at home. Great show tonight at the Motor City Casino. See you again soon!
— Christian McBride (@mcbridesworld) February 19, 2016
7. Let’s not forget Sean Jones!
8.The SuperBand’s album is perfect for a Michigan summer
Their records can be heard here!
9.But since it isn’t exactly summer weather just yet (what is going on, Michigan?!) you can enjoy the band right here at Wharton Center.
And away from the unpredictable weather too…
10. With a label focused solely on jazz, this concert will surely not disappoint.
You can find more information about the show and SuperBand here. (Or you can check out our blog post here to meet the band members!) Make sure you get your tickets in time to see the Mack Avenue SuperBand perform at 7:30 PM on March 29th.