By: Melissa Maestas
February is just around the corner and you know what that means? The Hollywood Concert Orchestra will be performing! They will be performing songs from a variety of movies. With this being such an exciting and glamourous event, one must go through a serious of steps to be able to prepare and truly enjoy “A Night at the Oscars.” Please take notes, there may be a quiz at the end.
1. Binge-watch the set list. Pick out your favorite pajamas, pop some popcorn, and cuddle up on the couch because it is going to be a long night of movie watching. The Hollywood Concert Orchestra will be performing songs from movies such as The Wizard of Oz, Titanic, Schindler’s List, and many more!
2. Blast the movies’ soundtracks. Don’t forget to sing along. In the car, in the shower, in the cafeteria; the world is your stage. Some people may seem irritated by it, but they just don’t understand how awesome the orchestra is going to be. The good people will know that you are just excited about the upcoming performance. The great people will join in and sing along, you should befriend these people.
3. Speak fluent movie quotes. Now is not the time to come up with simple, boring responses in conversations. After binge-watching all those movies you should have an arsenal of movie quotes ready to go. Use them. Use them wisely, my friend.
4. Make sure your movie-fanatic friends don’t have any plans. Do you remember that one night when you all decided that Forrest Gump was THE greatest movie you had ever seen? These friends obviously need to have their schedules cleared on the 17th of February because they need to hear the Hollywood Concert Orchestra perform. Call them weeks in advance, create a Facebook event, send out an email; just do whatever it takes to have them not miss this.
5. Get your tickets and go see the show. You’ll thank me later.